Skip to content

NATURAL LIVING: To Vaccinate or Not to Vaccinate?

by Sarah on October 25th, 2010

The topic of whether to vaccinate your baby is a highly contentious one, and is something which I don’t believe anyone can give you the correct answer for. What I’ve realised since I had Lily though, is that it is a subject to question, to not just blindly vaccinate because “the clinic or doctor said so”. There seems to be a lot more to vaccinations than assuming that they are stopping your child from contracting diseases.

What I do want to do today is share some links with you which I’ve been given. Hopefully reading through the information on these sites can make the decision an easier one for you, or if you’ve already made the decision, at least shed more light on the subject.

So, the useful links that I know of are:

National Vaccine Information Centre

Why Vaccinations Harm Children

Dispelling Vaccination Myths

If you know of any others, please add them in the comment section below. I’d really like to keep on reading about this topic, and I hope you will too!

  • Gauri Ma

    I have been invited to write about this for the blog of a friend of mine… which is funny ‘cos I haven’t gathered the courage/wherewithall to write about it on my own blog. In fact it is amazing anybody reads my blog seeing as I seem to leave all the juicy stuff out.

    Maybe soon I’ll have the huxpa to bring it and talk about these controversial subjects… in the meantime, well done you for going there.


  • Karen

    As a mom of 3, I’m still not totally decided either way. I delay the scheduled vacinations, and at this stage, if the benefits outweigh the risks with the optionals – go for it. For example – having had a child with Rotavirus, that one is a given. Having had a child with Chickenpox, I’m not sold on that one. Another option to consider is delayed vaccination. I delay all vaccinations until 12 weeks, and then from there follow the usual gaps between vaccinations.

  • Anonymous

    Thanks for your input, Karen. I have in fact also gone with the delayed
    option, just that I’m delaying them for a year, and will be selective about
    which to go for when we get there. That was the advice that my naturopath
    gave me and it feels “right” to me.